2009년 9월 4일 금요일

Tuesdays with Morrie

Class & Number
1-2 Num.1
Name
Byung min Kang
Title
Tuesdays with Morrie,
Author
Mitch Albom
Publisher
Anchor books
Year
1997
Vocabulary
in lieu of : ~대신에
lawn : 잔디
curtain : 막
come down on : ~에 돌연히 덤벼들다
biblical : 성서의
prophet : 예언자
tuft : 숱
slant : 경사지다
twirl : 빙빙돌리다
amphetamines : 각성제
forth like : ~처럼 행동하다
startling : 깜짝 놀라게 하다
calf : 장딴지
weary : 싫증나다
somewhat : 얼마간
somehow : 어떻게 해서든지
Brief summary and personal reflection on the story
This novel is real story. It is a project fueled by Morrie teacher and his disciple Mitch Albom. it consists of fourteen lectures covering all the profound subject. From these lectures, we can find the real meaning of life and get refined lessons that are very helpful. Morrie was author's university professor. Mitch liked hanging out with Morrie since Morrie was wise and so kind that Mitch can feel peace of mind. Mitch was really sad when graduating from his university, meaning that he had to say goodbye to his truly professor, Morrie. However, like everybody, he seemed to forget little by little through his busy life. After getting a diploma, he became sports columnist in Detroit. He usually features star players who earn fame and a lot of money. He always thought himself to be ordinary to possess snobbery. He became to remember Morrie by accidently watching Tv talk show "Nightline" M,C, of which is Koppel.(Over three times, Tv talk show "Nightline" has taken place at Morrie's home.) Sicne he graduated from Branedeis University, his life's pace has never been slowed down.
Though, after seeing his forgotten teacher, Mitch wanted to visit him. For a long time, Mitch has never met his professor, but his professor welcomed him as he has often seen his pupil. However, there was change to Morrie. he came down with Lou Gehrig's disease. Mitch and his benevolent teacher talked about how they've lived. That's the first meeting with Morrie. After the first touching meeting, Mitch made up mind to discuss things related to life. From Family to Death, they covered fourteen subjects. Yet, because of deadly disease, Mitch could not help seeing Morrie being gone. Sadly, day by day Lou Gehrig's disease has taken Morrie's life gradually. Although Being dying, Morrie wanted to keep lecture go on. Also, he really enjoyed talking with his old disciple about life and he endeavored to give essential lessons to Mitch. It is very moving since I know how tough to carry on routine when one person comes to be sick. Morrie, though, said that he can look back his life, meaning of life, friends, family, love. While he couldn't see somethings before being illl, he said he could see another side of world. He tried to give Mitch what he felt, saw, and thought. He acknowledged that he really miss his past life. he wanted to dance, take a walk, give his lecture to many students. However he never pushes himself to fall into a pit. He kept doing what he could do. This gives me priceless lesson. In short, death is another way to live. He just seemed to wait another life and arrange his life with some serious conversation leaving suggestiveness. I sometimes think what will happen after I pass away. Will friends and family be sad? will they remember after I die out? will they miss me? How will it be like after dying? I really wonder after my death. I often hope dying happily, leaving no regrets. Morrie said when one considers one's death. Then, one can finally decide how he would live. I want to die to leave nothing to regret. Because regretting something means that he want to do something. I think what I really want. I want truly friends who can understand me well, family who always welcome me, a lot of reminiscence so when I am old, I can look back my past happily, wisdom like Morrie so I can live free of other snob things. Considering my wish list, I no need material things. I became to know that these things are the most worthless thing. Only everlasting thing are people, lessons, wisdom, experiences. By reading this great book. I confirm this fact and have time to think about what I really wish. I think Morrie is everyone's mentor giving valuable things. I would never forget these things and will keep my decision to live wonderful life.

댓글 6개:

  1. I'm really impressed through reading your essay! Keep your work good****Please visit my website.BYe~%

    답글삭제
  2. Hi, I'm Eun kyung..
    I think your verbal ability is great!..
    Anyway For Homework!
    please visit my blog~ and leave your comment briefly!
    Bye ^^

    답글삭제
  3. This is well written writing. You will receive 10 points for your blog project.

    답글삭제
  4. spectaculous essay, justin! :)
    visit my blog and class 1-5 for wonderful carols. thanks!

    답글삭제
  5. hello my BEST FRIEND^*^ kkkkkkkk
    i love you 좌스틴>_<
    plz come to my blog and post a comment♡
    좌스틴 i love you kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    답글삭제
  6. Hi! I'm hye-sun~~(1-5) I really enjoyed your book report!
    Plz visit my blog^^ I have good carol song~ bye~

    답글삭제